August 4, 2020 [10:31]
IAF0320 Computer Systems Engineering - 2014
Welcome to the cource IAF0320 - Computer Systems Engineering homepage.
Here you will find all the information about the course, including reading materials, lecture notes, etc.
All announcments and discussions in LinkedIn group IAF0320. Join!
The lectures and teamwork sessions will take place in the room ICT-315 (Akadeemia tee 15a, 1st staircase, 3rd floor). The first lecture takes place on September 1st at 16:00.
The next important dates:
- 01/12 No formal lecture/meeting. Lembit Jürimägi is available for consultations about SysML. He can be found either from his office (ICT-514) or from the 3rd floor of the ICT building.
- 08/12 Submission of the SysML homeworks. Discussions around the team reports.
- 15/12 Final test. Submission of the final individual assignment.
All homework should be submitted by e-mail to Gert Jervan latest on corresponding Sunday at 23:59, unless mentioned otherwize. The e-mail must mention IAF0320 in the subject.
The written text should be formatted according to the following guidelines. A4. Margins: 2,0 cm from all sides. Text: single spaced, 11 pt. The document must contain your name, email and student ID number.
- The first homework (pdf). Updated 15/09/2014.
- Test 1 (pdf). Updated 14/11/2014.
- Summary of the student feedback (pdf)
- Teamwork results (presentations + report) (pdf). Discussions on December 8th. Updated 08/12/2014.
- Latest results (pdf). Updated 15/12/2014. Comments about SysML results (pdf)
- The final results (pdf). Updated 30/01/2015.
- Lecture 1 (pdf) - Introduction. A short intro: Systems Story
Reading assignments for the next lecture:
Homework to be submitted by Sunday, September 14:
- Individual written assignment (pdf)
Written assignments can be presented either in English or in Estonian. Oral presentations must be made in English.
- Lecture 2 (pdf) - Systems Engineering
Homework to be submitted by Sunday, September 21:
- Lecture 3 (pdf) - Structure and Environment
- Lecture 4 (Part 1 pdf, Part 2 pdf) - Systems Lifecycle, Needs Assessment, Stakeholders
- Teamwork session on October 3rd
Do not forget to submit your team formation report by October 6! The deadline of the stakeholder identification report is October 10
- Lecture 5 (pdf)
- Lenny Delligatti "SysML Distilled" 2013
- S. Friedenthal, A. Moore, R. Steiner "A practical Guide to SysML" 2012
- Teamwork session on October 10th (pdf)
- Lecture 7 (pdf) - Concept exploration, concept definition
- Guest lecture by David Clark (pdf)
- Lecture 8 (pdf) - Human factors